SPS weirdness

wlittlefield

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all.

I've got a little SPS weirdness going on. I added a doser with alk and calcium probably two months ago because my kelk couldn't keep up. That's the biggest change I've made lately.

I tested alk today, its 8.34. Should have the other elements tested tomorrow. Might be worth pointing out that I had a small hair algae breakout but treated it with reef flux and it cleared right up.

Any ideas? All my other SPS is looking good, better colors, and (I think) growth.
IMG_3365.JPG
IMG_3363.JPG
IMG_3366.JPG

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be a variety of things with that coral, something touched it right there, a piece of sand got stuck there, a critter likes to sleep there, something could be eating it, that part gets shaded out by something, etc.

If your other SPS are doing fine, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Birdsnest corals are one of the most finicky corals I have ever kept and sometimes they look like this and the next week they are growing like a week. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse, then I would start making notes of what it looks like at different parts of the day and also take a look at it with a flashlight long after your lights have gone out to see if anything is messing with it at night :)

Back