SPS White/Pale on the bottom

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have SPS that looks like its doing great from the top but from the bottom its very pale or white.

I am not sure why its like this and the color does not go all the way around.

For context is a 6'x3' tank and only 1' tall. I enjoy farming coral a lot more then a normal display tank,

Anyways for flow I have 2 neptune WAV's and they are on the first pattern you can find thats rated the highest, and one is inverted from the other. On the other side of the tank I just have 2 of those jebao 1800 GPH.

For lights I have the neptune SKY and I run the SPS AB+ setting at 50% .

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? From the top my slimer is nice dark green and bottom of the arms is white or pale. Same with my blue tort frag

I attached a pic from the side and top. You can kind of see it paling underneath. Of not I'll try to get a better pic.

IMG_20211019_182501.jpg IMG_20211025_123016_01.jpg

Last edited:

Ulee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, a good majority of acros have a lighter tone where the light doesn't reach, it's common. Yours looks like a green slimer, I've seen exactly the same thing in other green slimers it's a matter of getting that piece of staghorn acclimated in your system..

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the frag had to accimate?
How old is system?
Params? ALK/NO3/PO4
How many Sky fixtures?

Got fish?
I would say that slimer frag has been in there for about a month, maybe a bit longer, the blue tort went in at the same time and i feel like also has the same problem.

System is very younger. only 2 months old. The media was cycled for about 4 months.

Alk: 9.3
Nitrate and phosphate both near 0
Just one sky fixture, saving up for another atm.

I do I have 2 tangs, 1 foxface, 2 clowns, one juvenile mandarin, cleaner wrasse, cleaner goby,

lots of snails, 4 hermits, 1 cleaner shrimp.

Large refugium

Back