Sps won’t encrust/grow issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter WIReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I
My po4 runs 0.12-0.15
Don’t drop your lights until you know your par. How many hours are they on? Do they ramp up and down?
Just a basic sunpower, two bulb channel runs for 11 hours and the 4 bulb runs for 9 hours
 
I
My po4 runs 0.12-0.15
Don’t drop your lights until you know your par. How many hours are they on? Do they ramp up and down?
So I’m going to drop my Alk but how do I get my PO4 up? Without having a problem in the end with it?
 
So I’m going to drop my Alk but how do I get my PO4 up? Without having a problem in the end with it?
Well...
I think 7.5 dKh is better with ultra low to 0.05 po4. I’m actually thinking they’re probably getting too much light now. I would also cut your your full spectrum to 7.5 hours.
 
Well...
I think 7.5 dKh is better with ultra low to 0.05 po4. I’m actually thinking they’re probably getting too much light now. I would also cut your your full spectrum to 7.5 hours.
Okay I will give it a shot thank you.
 
Thank you sir will be renting one soon! Just getting frustrated with these things! Haha
I know but unfortunately that’s part of the sps game. The good news is that they’re still alive. If there was something grossly askew they’d be dead or dying by now. Maybe the pics are making them look a little pale, but even if they looked extremely happy they wouldn’t be encrusted in just 6 weeks. Some of my faster ones will have a little growth forming on the glue by then but that’s about as fast as they grow for me.
 
I know but unfortunately that’s part of the sps game. The good news is that they’re still alive. If there was something grossly askew they’d be dead or dying by now. Maybe the pics are making them look a little pale, but even if they looked extremely happy they wouldn’t be encrusted in just 6 weeks. Some of my faster ones will have a little growth forming on the glue by then but that’s about as fast as they grow for me.
Gotcha, I think it was just the photo! They have nice color
 
Last edited:
How's your Sr, K and B? If too high or too low growth can be stunted. Alk and PO4 are fine IMO.
 
How's your Sr, K and B? If too high or too low growth can be stunted. Alk and PO4 are fine IMO.
Yeah. I prefer a little lower like 7.5 as a safety net with 0.05 and lower po4 but I think they just need more time to settle in
 
I don't know of many skimmerless sps tanks that aren't running a refugium or algae scrubber.
 
I don't know of many skimmerless sps tanks that aren't running a refugium or algae scrubber.
Yeah I’m running neither not sure what’s going on my tests are accurate, I test daily.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new