spspirates 150 gallon build

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you can park the Volvo on that stand. Lol looks good can't wait to see it done!

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1397009310876.jpg

Gonna look even better with one of these under it!!

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gonna look even better with one of these under it!!

LOL....I can't wait. It's like check whats under the hood...:) Im a little jel your getting yours in soon!

Last edited:

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, the stand looks tough. This is going to look awesome. :)

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL....I can't wait. It's like check whats under the hood...:) Im a little jel your getting yours in soon!

No need to be jealous of me I am just hoping that my build can keep up with yours in the long run. You and a few other locals set the bar really really high! If mine turns out half as good as yours I will excited.

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking build. I really like the dimensions. The stand looks sturdy and your equipment list is very solid.

Your list of sticks is what is truly inspiring. Looking forward to watching this one come together.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! Andy I cannot believe that I've missed this build thread thus far, those are some awesome dimensions to the new tank but make sure you start your upright sticks down low enough to not continually grow out of the tank. My 125g (60x24x20) has this issue with most of the non tabling Acros but suppose makes for a very authentic SHALLOW Reef Crest....lol You definitely have a 'Very Nice' list of in going Corals to start.
The stand is really looking good and nice to see another Garage turned into a 'Manly Shop' for all his tools and Fishin Stuff. I ran out of room on the walls so hung up all 25 or so Rod-n-Reels on the ceiling to keep them safely out of the way. I just wish my shop was that clean again, space is getting very limited from storing up materials for our Kitchen Remodel I'll start shortly. Are you planning on using the Kreg Plugs for the pocket holes or did you use S.S. Screws ? I'll be sure to follow along now, and looking forward to when you get it skinned, adorned and stained then to see what you do with all that real estate in aquascaping.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking build. I really like the dimensions. The stand looks sturdy and your equipment list is very solid.

Your list of sticks is what is truly inspiring. Looking forward to watching this one come together.

Thanks! Im hoping the tank will be done by the end of this month.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! Andy I cannot believe that I've missed this build thread thus far, those are some awesome dimensions to the new tank but make sure you start your upright sticks down low enough to not continually grow out of the tank. My 125g (60x24x20) has this issue with most of the non tabling Acros but suppose makes for a very authentic SHALLOW Reef Crest....lol You definitely have a 'Very Nice' list of in going Corals to start.
The stand is really looking good and nice to see another Garage turned into a 'Manly Shop' for all his tools and Fishin Stuff. I ran out of room on the walls so hung up all 25 or so Rod-n-Reels on the ceiling to keep them safely out of the way. I just wish my shop was that clean again, space is getting very limited from storing up materials for our Kitchen Remodel I'll start shortly. Are you planning on using the Kreg Plugs for the pocket holes or did you use S.S. Screws ? I'll be sure to follow along now, and looking forward to when you get it skinned, adorned and stained then to see what you do with all that real estate in aquascaping.

Cheers, Todd

Thanks Todd! Do you prune your acros on a regular basis or just let then tapper off naturally as they surface? How do you like the 20" height? For screws I used the coated Kreg screws for the pockets. Im working on the skin right now and still brain storming how I might go about doing the trim.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guys the skin is on. We used a router tool to trim out the back panel and the area for the cabinet doors to go. Next we will work on the trim.

IMG_1121_1_zps6984d1c0.jpg

IMG_1120_zpsbf1d7f37.jpg

IMG_1122_zps0ddcc02a.jpg

IMG_1123_zpsc70ca438.jpg

IMG_1124_zps4b0bd992.jpg

IMG_1125_1_zps20cfb234.jpg

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks great are you going to stain it or paint it. Also are you going to go with any waterproofing on the inside like pond liner or something else?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back