Squamosa clams

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saltgator
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
3,488
Reaction score
142
Location
SouthWest FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see if there are any online stores that carry squamosa clams in the 3 inches plus category. Out of the clams, squamosa species are my particular favorite and I'm missing mine. Plus I believe highly that my clams were a great nutrient exporter in they're size (both were 7+ inches). Throw some pics up if ya got big squamosas too
 
I've wish I hadn't passed this one up. They had it at a lfs in Orlando for a few months. It was just too big (approx. 7 inches) for my tank at the time. Good luck on your search.
 
i think one of my lfs has one for sale its 17''+ across.if interested i can pm you there number but i dont know if they will ship.
 
I recently brought this guy to my LFS...



It's shell is 9-10 inches long. I had to part with it as I swirching to a smaller tank. PM me if you want the shops contact info.

Tom
 
Nice one Tom. Great looking clam.

Chris, what's going on in yours causing no clams (sorry if I missed it in your thread)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new