Squidley's Bikini Bottom Theme Tank

squidleydidleydoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have seen me post here before as I've spent the last year or so planning and re-planning my reef tank. Because of life circumstances I wasn't able to actually start up a tank, but now I'm finally at a point where I can get serious about this! Instead of my plans being pipe dreams they're actually feasible now, so I've spent the last few weeks re-making my planning slideshow, getting my ideas more solidified.
The basic idea behind the tank is to combine my love of Spongebob with my dream of having a reef tank, but the slides go into more detail about all that. I'd really love to hear your feedback, especially in terms of fish choice and stocking. You should be seeing updates here within the next few months as I start to buy gear and get things up and running!
Click the attached file or this link to view the slideshow!

Bikini Bottom Theme Tank 3.0.png

Attachments

• Bikini Bottom Theme Tank.pdf
    10.4 MB · Views: 24

musel101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have seen me post here before as I've spent the last year or so planning and re-planning my reef tank. Because of life circumstances I wasn't able to actually start up a tank, but now I'm finally at a point where I can get serious about this! Instead of my plans being pipe dreams they're actually feasible now, so I've spent the last few weeks re-making my planning slideshow, getting my ideas more solidified.
The basic idea behind the tank is to combine my love of Spongebob with my dream of having a reef tank, but the slides go into more detail about all that. I'd really love to hear your feedback, especially in terms of fish choice and stocking. You should be seeing updates here within the next few months as I start to buy gear and get things up and running!
Click the attached file or this link to view the slideshow!

Bikini Bottom Theme Tank 3.0.png
So you’ll have to get a sea sponge, a starfish, and a squid. Are you gonna make the structures yourself so they look like bikini bottom?

OP
OP
squidleydidleydoo

squidleydidleydoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you’ll have to get a sea sponge, a starfish, and a squid. Are you gonna make the structures yourself so they look like bikini bottom?
I believe PetCo sells all those structures.
Are you gonna do colored gravel or sand? Are you gonna do little pathways that lead to the houses?
Patrick’s house is just gonna be a big rock?
you might need to place a poster of David Hasslehoff next to the tank too!
omg so many great ideas! :face-with-tears-of-joy: I'll probably throw in some of the Petco decorations when I first start up the tank, but eventually I'd really like to find/make a ceramic pineapple and have some cyphastrea encrust over it!
I was planning to just use ocean direct sand, but I hadn't thought about scaping with colored gravel! it would probably look really cool until the critters decide to redecorate lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back