Stability

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scdell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The point I'm trying to get at is people claiming stability is key until they run into problems.
Then it's throw anything and everything at the tank for a quick fix, which just goes against the whole point. I believe your bacterial system needs stability along with the basics.
Along with this is people keeping their tank too sterile. The oceans are far from sterile.
Our tanks are little ecosystems. We need to provide the right things for it, but not declare certain parameters must be followed or certain failure will happen.
So, in all of this I actually agree with you quite a bit, and curious as to why you didn't say that off the hop?
 
Some say that you must be stable for 6+ months.. Is the stability for 6+ months for the coral or for the person running the tank? If I have the ability to keep my numbers at XYZ from the beginning then I should never fail as a reefer. In my opinion, I think stability is a key component but I also feel there is more to the equation, which I have yet to figure out. Keep this thread going, I would like to hear others thoughts as well. I strongly feel that in my "Reef world" that I am heading down the right track for me to be successful. I will let you know after the 1st of the year, when I go to the next step in my equation.
 
I wish I could find perfect harmony but with my old tank I never could I keep chasing numbers but I hope in my new tank it will be easier and am going to keep it simple
 
stability is the ability of my tanks being able to react to and adjust appropriately to the daily stresses, changes, and influences that are placed against them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new