Stability

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point I'm trying to get at is people claiming stability is key until they run into problems.
Then it's throw anything and everything at the tank for a quick fix, which just goes against the whole point. I believe your bacterial system needs stability along with the basics.
Along with this is people keeping their tank too sterile. The oceans are far from sterile.
Our tanks are little ecosystems. We need to provide the right things for it, but not declare certain parameters must be followed or certain failure will happen.
So, in all of this I actually agree with you quite a bit, and curious as to why you didn't say that off the hop?

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some say that you must be stable for 6+ months.. Is the stability for 6+ months for the coral or for the person running the tank? If I have the ability to keep my numbers at XYZ from the beginning then I should never fail as a reefer. In my opinion, I think stability is a key component but I also feel there is more to the equation, which I have yet to figure out. Keep this thread going, I would like to hear others thoughts as well. I strongly feel that in my "Reef world" that I am heading down the right track for me to be successful. I will let you know after the 1st of the year, when I go to the next step in my equation.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could find perfect harmony but with my old tank I never could I keep chasing numbers but I hope in my new tank it will be easier and am going to keep it simple

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stability is the ability of my tanks being able to react to and adjust appropriately to the daily stresses, changes, and influences that are placed against them.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back