Stalked Reef2Reef Awhile

ImNewAtThis

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
129
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been checking out tons of forums for over a month now and love all of the information provided. It’s helped tremendously on learning new things. I’ve got a 55 gallon with 20 gallon sump, FOWLR is my goal. I’m nearing the end of my cycle, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate about 40ppm. Still learning new things every day, always have questions. I need a saltwater Buddha on call.
 
Welcome to R2R! The only thing buddha and I have I common is our body shape :D
 
Welcome to R2R...

giphy.gif
 
I’ve been checking out tons of forums for over a month now and love all of the information provided. It’s helped tremendously on learning new things. I’ve got a 55 gallon with 20 gallon sump, FOWLR is my goal. I’m nearing the end of my cycle, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate about 40ppm. Still learning new things every day, always have questions. I need a saltwater Buddha on call.
Welcome im new,
Sounds like the cycle is finished!
Whats your next step, let us know if ?s.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 
Welcome im new,
Sounds like the cycle is finished!
Whats your next step, let us know if ?s.
Even if my nitrates are over 10ppm? I’d like to add a CUC first, some snails and maybe a couple hermits. I’ve been going back and forth on fish but definitely want a pair of clowns.
 
Even if my nitrates are over 10ppm? I’d like to add a CUC first, some snails and maybe a couple hermits. I’ve been going back and forth on fish but definitely want a pair of clowns.
Help me remember,
Bacteria to do
Ammonia to nitrite to nitrate, where nitrate is lower toxicity to fish than previous 2.
Then we have to export nitrates somehow.
So end result of cycle should be low ammonia and Nitrites, and increasing nitrates
 
Help me remember,
Bacteria to do
Ammonia to nitrite to nitrate, where nitrate is lower toxicity to fish than previous 2.
Then we have to export nitrates somehow.
So end result of cycle should be low ammonia and Nitrites, and increasing nitrates
Yes, that’s about what I’ve read and been told. I’ve got a protein skimmer and adding Chaeto on Thursday which is supposed to help with nutrient absorption. Other than my nitrates, everything else is normal. Alk-10, pH-8-2, SG-1.025, temp- 77.8-78-1 fluctuation during the day. I’m terrified to add fish since this is my first time lol I’ve had a ton of freshwater experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new