Standard 50g Acrylic tank Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter LetItReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2014
Messages
2,921
Reaction score
1,434
Location
San Diego, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
What do you guys/gals think of Acrylic tank? I never own one. What do I need to inspect when I am buying? Is Acrylic realiable compare to glass? How about visiblity, is it clear?
Any input will are welcome.
I am planning to move our standard glass 29g Mix reef.
I saw a posting for sale with stand and canopy and I like the dimensions.
Thanks in advance.
 
When buying a acrylic tank make sure that it was assembled properly. No bubbles in the seams, proper thickness of acrylic was used, proper bracing. It does scratch easier than glass but if your careful you can keep it pretty clean. For clarity it is top notch and its very reliable as long as its build properly.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new