Star fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Walt607
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Walt607

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my star fish is eating my corals.. first my acan. Now I believe that he was working on my hammer. Anyone else heard of this...
ad7615dc11c58baaa87e228f9270f012.jpg
 
It's a,chocolate chip. Not reef safe. Why would a Lfs do that. They know me. Man. Little heated
 
It's a,chocolate chip. Not reef safe. Why would a Lfs do that. They know me. Man. Little heated

Sorry man. That sucks. Next time i would double check anything they say while they watch using your phone.
 
Yeah I guess. My own fault.

Well, they shouldn't have sold you the starfish if they knew it was going into a reef. But you should definitely double check any new livestock.
 
Oh they know exactly what I have. Half tempted too rant
 
Marble seastars are reef safe I think. I used to have some when I have a large tank. Never bother any corals.
 
Ya, I looked at one a little while ago at my LFS, but the owner told me to stay far away from them. He told me that they saw my corals as a nice salad buffet. I'm sorry that you LFS didn't do the same for you.
 
Marble seastars are reef safe I think. I used to have some when I have a large tank. Never bother any corals.
Yeah, they are definitely reef safe....I have had one almost 8 months without any issues at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new