Star Grass 40g

Andrews_aquarium

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
298
Reaction score
397
Location
Santa Barbara,CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to showcase my Stargrass 40g

Standard 40g Breeder
Drilled with External overflow
Bubblemagus Protien Skimmer
Quanta Light Bar
Marineplant store pendant lighting (x2)
Aiprime

Star Grass
Some turtlegrass
TONS of Xenia
Magnificent Anemone
Softies




60g-47.jpg
60g-49.jpg
60g-55.jpg
60g-68.jpg
60g-128.jpg
60g-65.jpg
 
Wait, that's not a macro! That's an actual plant! That looks so cool. Do you have any sand sifters? I wonder if they could grow with a conch plowing through the substrate constantly.
Yeah it is a plant. The roots are very strong actually, the runners per stem are tough to break without scissors. I don't have any sand shifters. Was thinking of getting some gobies but haven't decided yet. There's also a layer of FijiMud along the whole bottom under the sand about .25" thick that I contribute to the success of the grass.
 
I don't think gobies would be a problem. My conch is just a big bulldozer. Well done on the planting--I love my macros but figured plants as well was too much for a beginner tank.

Your xenia must be absolutely hypnotic to watch. Do you have any videos of it pulsing?
 
Wanted to showcase my Stargrass 40g

Standard 40g Breeder
Drilled with External overflow
Bubblemagus Protien Skimmer
Quanta Light Bar
Marineplant store pendant lighting (x2)
Aiprime

Star Grass
Some turtlegrass
TONS of Xenia
Magnificent Anemone
Softies




60g-47.jpg
60g-49.jpg
60g-55.jpg
60g-68.jpg
60g-128.jpg
60g-65.jpg
Cool concept and tank

I could see this with an Garden Eel garden

1000003567.jpg
 
I can't get videos to load, but ill be posting a bunch on my instagram in the coming weeks, ill post it on here also.

The eels would be amazing! I know they need at least 6 inch sand bed though, maybe once I upgrade the tank ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new