Starburst Montipora Bleaching.

joekidwell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
287
Reaction score
189
Location
Greeneville TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The montipora on the left hand side mid tank has been in there now for 4 weeks, since day one its gotten lighter and lighter. Polyup extension and growth has been good. Paramaters are and have been steady as a rock. The light is a single AI Prime HD on the BRS AB+ spectrum on a 28 gallon nanocube.

I've recently raised my nitrates from an undetectable level to the 24.2 they are now, is that the culprit and if so how long before I should see some changes?


Phosphates .03 Hannah ULR
Nitrates 24.2 Hannah ULR
Calcium 434 Hannah
Mageisum 1170 salifert
Ph 8.15 salifert
Alkalinity 10.9 salifert
20201012_185258.jpg
 
Last edited:
Could be the jump of no3, but I would either lower your Alk or raise your PO4. I would honestly raise PO4 up to 0.08-0.15.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new