Starfish eating all my snails

ClownWrangler

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
680
Reaction score
610
Location
Tacoma, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my chip star and red knobby, but they have developed an expensive taste for escargot (Astraea snails). Are there any alagae eater alternatives that may be less appetizing to them? If not, I was thinking of giving them their own tank with low light and no need for snails. Has anyone else had this issue?
 
This is weird! I saw my star covering an astrea with his stomach near the water line a few days ago! Kinda scared me... hopefully it was just because the snail was so high up on the glass
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new