Starfish stuck in filter/my corals might be dead

clowny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so i have 2 issue

Ive had a startfish for awhile and its stuck in the back filter. i dont know if it likes it there or not but the image below shows his situation you can see three of his legs. Advise what i should do. I have a biocube 16

Issue 2 is i got 2 frags today. They look dead. Are they dead? let me know if this is normal. (IMAGES BELOW)

IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1615.JPG IMG_1613.JPG IMG_1612.JPG

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to guess you're pretty new to the hobby, you may wanna spend a ton of time on here and or youtube researching the hobby. It's a good way to keep your money in the tank.

Most corals take time acclimating to a new environment, could be anywhere from hours to days maybe even weeks depending on the given parameters. Yours look fine for now considering you just got them.

That brittle star is going to do what it wants, let it. If you can see his arms as in the picture I'm sure it can get out when it's done foraging for food in there.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes likely happy cause theres detritus there for him to feed.
I think this is your second post about this i recall the same thing last week and i advised to reach your hand down there and get him. You can try a long grabber too.
As far as your coral go, they look ok just closed.

Please post your water parameters and any info on top off water source and lighting too for us to know if theres a problem you should be aware of.

OP
OP
C

clowny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes likely happy cause theres detritus there for him to feed.
I think this is your second post about this i recall the same thing last week and i advised to reach your hand down there and get him. You can try a long grabber too.
As far as your coral go, they look ok just closed.

Please post your water parameters and any info on top off water source and lighting too for us to know if theres a problem you should be aware of.
my light is good. its the biocube 16 stock light all parameters are fine too. LFS told me that anyway. They are def trying to suck money out of me. I was wearing a nice watch and probably shouldnt have been. Im unable to get the starfish. there is a floor halfway down that chamber and i cant get passed it. Im happy he is alive thats the first time ive seen his legs in 2 weeks.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my light is good. its the biocube 16 stock light all parameters are fine too. LFS told me that anyway. They are def trying to suck money out of me. I was wearing a nice watch and probably shouldnt have been. Im unable to get the starfish. there is a floor halfway down that chamber and i cant get passed it. Im happy he is alive thats the first time ive seen his legs in 2 weeks.

I wear a nice watch, but my impulse buys are 100% on me. Next time you go to the store have them test your water and write the results down.

What area are you in? Someone can probably guide you to a nice shop in your area

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your stock biocube light isnt the best but will sustain soft corals fine.

In regards to the "floor halfway down", its a chamber grate and should be able to be removed.

As requested. Please post parameters.

Also, take what your LFS says with a grain of salt.
Consider it but do your due dilligence and research before making descisions.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The star fish is fine. If you pull it out you will prob break off the arms. It found a home and might not be where you want...... but things happen.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back