Starfish that eats aiptasias?...

BrunoArrojado

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
1
Location
Lisbon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this hitchhiker... That is making my aiptasias vanish... Is it a normal asterina? Just brought him in a coral plug...

1443966461464.jpg


1443966473657.jpg


1443966483735.jpg
 
Cut a leg and see if you can grow two, split again and repeat. File the paperwork put a nice price tag on it, the people will love you. Lol
But keep an eye on it as it might pick other targets in your tank you might not want eaten.
 
Nothing normal about that Starfish-lol.
LOL, yeah, that was my thought also...

Cut a leg and see if you can grow two, split again and repeat. File the paperwork put a nice price tag on it, the people will love you. Lol
But keep an eye on it as it might pick other targets in your tank you might not want eaten.

LOL, im not going to split it..I don't think is an asterina to make that..and I could just kill it... Well, i don't care about the other stuff, since is in the sump..it can just eat what she wants :)
 
Thank you, but..they don't talk a about asterina eating aiptasias :)
That is correct !
That is not their typical meal :-)
But as it states there are many types

Might be on to a good one!
 
That is correct !
That is not their typical meal :)
But as it states there are many types

Might be on to a good one!

Yes, got a rare one I see :) let her eat all the aiptasias she wants :)..hhehehe
I will have to breed them, I don't have that the starfish die of starvation :)
 
That is correct !
That is not their typical meal :)
But as it states there are many types

Might be on to a good one!
I wonder if it would eat non-photosynthetics like sun corals, cup corals, etc... It would be really good to find the exact species so we can do some research on this phenomenon
 
That looks to me the type of astern that east soft coral. With this being said, if you do not have the soft coral in your tank it will supplement its diet with aiptasia and mojanos anemones I have seen it before beware and keep a good lookout on where it is (maybe remove it once aiptasia is gone)
 
I have a few small ones in my tank, (all LPS and SPS). I'll have try try and drop one on an aptasia and see what happens [emoji12]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new