Starry blenny and tang compatibility

guinness1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all I would like to say hi to everyone. This is my first ever post on this group, after months of reading some amazing stories I thought it was about time I said hello.

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.

In my old tank I used to have a an algae blenny with a naso tang and a sailfin tang. I have recently upgraded to a 6x2x2 and have purchased a yellow tang and a really nice chevron tang that has just started to change into his adult colours. My question is this......is it possible that the algae blenny would bite or suck at the body of my tangs? The reason I ask this is in my old tank my tangs would have perfect skin then over night a mark would appear that looked like the mouth size and Mark that an algae blenny would leave when sucking on the glass. I have had my new tangs for about a month now and they have been fine and in perfect condition. I came home from work today and my chevron tang has a mark on his side that looks exactly the same. I added a starry blenny 1 week ago. Is it possible or just coincidence?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back