Starry & Midas blenny homed together

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a lot of the fish in this hobby are species aggressive or aggressive to similar colors, or body shape. I have a Starry Blenny, I would like to add a Midas Blenny. My tank is a 180 mixed reef, that will be "heavily stocked" once everyone is together. Will they be aggressive to each other since they are both blennys or is there enough of a difference/space they will be okay? Thanks yall.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like no one wants to take a stab at this, so I will say a tank that size, if it has good hidding spaces so that they can live apart if they need to should work out. I would think the difference in body color and dietary preferences could allow for a relatively peaceful coexistance. That said, if you starry is a "jerk" now I probably wouldn't try this without an acclimation box for a test run to observe their behavior from a safe place.

OP
OP
Wick3d_1

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like no one wants to take a stab at this, so I will say a tank that size, if it has good hidding spaces so that they can live apart if they need to should work out. I would think the difference in body color and dietary preferences could allow for a relatively peaceful coexistance. That said, if you starry is a "jerk" now I probably wouldn't try this without an acclimation box for a test run to observe their behavior from a safe place.
So far my starry is fine. But my stock list includes mostly "semi-aggressive" fish. Tangs, a foxface, candy hogfish, wrasse, and a few gobies plus my clowns. So, idk if adding a Midas to the list is wise.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my starry is fine. But my stock list includes mostly "semi-aggressive" fish. Tangs, a foxface, candy hogfish, wrasse, and a few gobies plus my clowns. So, idk if adding a Midas to the list is wise.
All those other fish will probably serve to keep the Starry and the Midas distracted and hunkered down and not up to fighting with each other.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back