Start of BJD??

Startswithj

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2023
Messages
18
Reaction score
4
Location
Athens
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can corals spontaneously get brown jelly? I haven’t touched him in over a month. There’s appears to be something on a couple polyps towards the base on the right. Any ideas?

Yes, he’s bleached. Been recovering on the bottom for a few weeks. IMG_2383.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2380.mov
    75.2 MB
Can corals spontaneously get brown jelly? I haven’t touched him in over a month. There’s appears to be something on a couple polyps towards the base on the right. Any ideas?

Yes, he’s bleached. Been recovering on the bottom for a few weeks. IMG_2383.jpeg
The legendary ghost torch?
 
Should look like this

Hard to tell with your blue lights.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230629_211731575.jpg
    PXL_20230629_211731575.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 40
No idea. Can't tell anything from your photo
I realize this, it is a very small blemish. There are 3-4 polyps that have brown on their base for no reason. I guess I will just keep an eye on it. Not sure what else it could be.
 
I realize this, it is a very small blemish. There are 3-4 polyps that have brown on their base for no reason. I guess I will just keep an eye on it. Not sure what else it could be.
You said the coral is bleached. Could just be the zooxanthellae coming back...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new