Start of BJD??

Startswithj

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2023
Messages
18
Reaction score
4
Location
Athens
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can corals spontaneously get brown jelly? I haven’t touched him in over a month. There’s appears to be something on a couple polyps towards the base on the right. Any ideas?

Yes, he’s bleached. Been recovering on the bottom for a few weeks. IMG_2383.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2380.mov
    75.2 MB
Can corals spontaneously get brown jelly? I haven’t touched him in over a month. There’s appears to be something on a couple polyps towards the base on the right. Any ideas?

Yes, he’s bleached. Been recovering on the bottom for a few weeks. IMG_2383.jpeg
The legendary ghost torch?
 
Should look like this

Hard to tell with your blue lights.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230629_211731575.jpg
    PXL_20230629_211731575.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 40
No idea. Can't tell anything from your photo
I realize this, it is a very small blemish. There are 3-4 polyps that have brown on their base for no reason. I guess I will just keep an eye on it. Not sure what else it could be.
 
I realize this, it is a very small blemish. There are 3-4 polyps that have brown on their base for no reason. I guess I will just keep an eye on it. Not sure what else it could be.
You said the coral is bleached. Could just be the zooxanthellae coming back...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new