Started building a stand.

ironworker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its basic. Im still trying to decide what i want to do on the outside. Im gonna set the tank uo as soon as the paint dries.

20171213_183332.jpg

20171213_183341.jpg

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, the center brace is not needed and recommend you remove it to ease putting a sump/equipment below. Otherwise, looks great!

OP
OP
I

ironworker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, the center brace is not needed and recommend you remove it to ease putting a sump/equipment below. Otherwise, looks great!

This is an all in one system. There wont be anything under it. I will probably wall board it and trim it out. So i can push it againts tge wall giving it a built in look. Its not my first build by far. My next will be about a 100 gal acrylic.

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took note of your screen name....are you allowed to play with wood? :rolleyes: :eek:

And how come I'm not seeing a nice industrial steel stand, powder coated, with perfect welds? :D

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going the sheetrock route, I'd recommend greenboard. It's a water resistant sheetrock. Other then it being slightly thicker (and costing a bit more), it works the same as regular sheetrock.....cutting, screwing, spackling.

OP
OP
I

ironworker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going the sheetrock route, I'd recommend greenboard. It's a water resistant sheetrock. Other then it being slightly thicker (and costing a bit more), it works the same as regular sheetrock.....cutting, screwing, spackling.

The first job i ever had was drywall. Haha. And drywall and wood is cheaper than steel tube.i will use steel for my 100 gal. 2 inch tube welded and ground smooth with a coat of industrial and marine enamelfrom sherwin williams. I can build about anything with the proper tools. Thats really my only limitation.

OP
OP
I

ironworker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green board isnt really water resistant. It is mold resistant. The paper is sprayed with an antfungal spray during production. I will have it trimmed and caulked to keep water from seeping into it.

Back