Started growing Sea Lettuce

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started growing Sea lettuce, bought a small frag. Of Lettuce, was not hoping for much, but wow did it start growing! From a golf ball size to a refugium full of lettuce so far.
I've included a video.
 

Attachments

  • 20260301_145116.mp4
    38.3 MB
Dinner
 
Started growing Sea lettuce, bought a small frag. Of Lettuce, was not hoping for much, but wow did it start growing! From a golf ball size to a refugium full of lettuce so far.
I've included a video.
About how long before you saw growth? I have some in my 30g tank & its the only macro that doesn't seem to be growing. All of my other greens (two caulerpa types) and reds are all showing signs.. But sea lettuce isn't. 😕
 
I grow ulva in my refugium under quite bright LED plant grow bulbs. It grows pretty fast.

I am planning to add some caulerpa in a second refugium as I'm upping the fish population significantly, and we will see what wins out.

In the past, I found that caulerpa racemosa will outcompete chaeto. Not sure where ulva fits into the relative scheme of growth, but it outcompeted several red macroalgae types in the same refugium
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new