Started My 75G Build.... Finally...

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How loud is it? I have the Eclipse L also and it's quite loud the way it comes. I tried using slip 90s to create U pipes but it was loud and BARELY fit in there with the emergency pipe in the middle. I know the Bean Animal is supposed to be quiet, but I haven't figured that part out yet. Thanks!
Mine is very quiet. Only noise I have is the water flowing through the weir teeth
4d523d2852868c2d39f7e8383820848d.jpg

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes a little finessing and tinkering to get it just right. As long as I keep the water level adjusted near the top of the middle drain pipe, but not going over it's completely silent. The other trick is the primary drain line sits about an inch below the waterline in the primary sump chamber. I did swap out the primary drain strainer to a one of the low flat disk types to allow for more water level fluctuation in the overflow box. I noticed that when the water level drops in the sump due to evaporation, the level in the outer box also drops. When the water level fell to where it exposed the top of the strainer cone, it would suck in air and by changing it for the flat disk type it stopped doing this. Now when it gets a little low it starts sucking in small bubbles and makes a water trickling popping sound that is resolved by adding some water to the sump or a little tweak to the primary drain gate valve.

The low profile I went with is this one. http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/lifegard-aquatics-low-profile-strainers.html

As for the unions, I got those from here. https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/fittings/schedule-80-pvc/unions.html They may differ from the the picture, so be sure to order extras just in case there's a leak or anything and you have to re-do the connection you have a match ready to go. I found this out the hard way when I had to re-make the returns from the outer valves to the bulkheads due to a leak. I originally had unions there as well, but had to install valves instead because I had to remove the entire unions because the replacements did not match the originals. :confused:

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a few months since my last update.

I have lost a few corals, and added a few more. Battled dinos and (for now) have won the battle. I'm not all that pleased with the crushed coral substrate and am seriously considering pulling it all out and going with a smaller and easier to clean type.

Future plans, I will be upgrading my sump from the Precision Marine R24 to the R30 Pro (won it at a LFS anniversary last weekend). So that will involve some plumbing work to run the piping to the new drain ports and pump return location.

It's not the best pic, but it's the most recent one I have from about two weeks ago.

20181027_105500_resized.jpg

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tank has been up for nearly 18 months now. Made a few changes to it with corals as well as lighting. I upgraded from the Photon V2 to 4 Hydra 26's. Have seen some very impressive growth with many of my various colonies as well. Had battles with cyano, dinos (twice) GHA outbreaks you name it. But she's looking like a real reef now. Its not the best picture but here she is.

IMG_5542~2.jpg

Future plans are to upgrade to a 120 sometime next year.

Back