Startin skimmer dor the first time

LeafsReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2023
Messages
118
Reaction score
61
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned on my Tunze comline doc skimmer 9001for the first time and I closed the airline hose in the silencer most of the way. Because of a notch in one of the chambers the water line mark on the skimmer is a mm or two below the water. Is this the right amount skim that I should be seeing. I'm worried about finding foam all over my floor in the morning.
 

Attachments

  • 20230802_165618.mp4
    42.9 MB
I turned on my Tunze comline doc skimmer 9001for the first time and I closed the airline hose in the silencer most of the way. Because of a notch in one of the chambers the water line mark on the skimmer is a mm or two below the water. Is this the right amount skim that I should be seeing. I'm worried about finding foam all over my floor in the morning.
Should be tuned so that barely any foam gets collected. That being said, most skimmers have a break in period.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new