Starting a pico, what's yours like?

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2018
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
894
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I've started playing around with the idea of starting a pico system. I'll be moving in a year and I know some people have transported their pico systems so I've decided to look into it and start experimenting with one now along side my 75g reef. And if all works out well I might be able to transport some frags of my favorite corals, I already have everything I need except a container.

So, do you run heaters in all of your picos? What's your maintenance routine? Did you just use rock and sand from another system or did you start with anything fresh? How large of a coral would you keep in your system and what size container do you have?
 
Good questions:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new