Starting my 40 gallon frag

jmags080307

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
861
Reaction score
411
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Picked up a 40 gallon breeder and a 20 long for the sump. Built the stand yesterday. Gonna order the 700 GPH internel overflow for glass holes. Probably go with a reef octopus skimmer in the sump. Any advice in a return pump would be appreciated?
uploadfromtaptalk1452563350272.jpg
 
I have the same setup your looking to do and I went with the jebao dc6000 return pump. It's very silent, and I run it on speed 2 with the glass holes 700gph overflow kit. Works and runs flawlessly. They have a new model out called the dct6000, same price just newer model. Hope this helps
 
No problem. I would also consider the CO-1 skimmer over the octopus also. I have not owned one but have done a lot of reading on that particular skimmer and have read great things. Plenty of options out there too choose from tho.
 
Here's my sump design. Going with a 700 GPH glass holes overflow with 2 returns. I'll be using the jebao dc6000 pump. The bottom of my return holes cut out will be 5 inches so I believe 5 gallons of overflow is the calculation for power outage. Here's a rough picture. DT is a 40 gallon breeder and sump is a 20 gallon long.
uploadfromtaptalk1453732998023.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new