starting my first saltwater tank

Gill11

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So starting my first saltwater tank, will likely start with a 20 g tank from waterbox, unless the wife oks the slightly larger marine tanks with the sump that they have
have a 14g tall and a 10g tank from my frshwater days that i have gotten cheap amazon (sunsun) powerheads for and the penguin 200 marineland hang on backs for .
just ordered the 5stage brs rodi kit
i am very busy at work so bear with me as i will likely very slowly set this up
 
hi,slow is the best way to go in this hobby :cool:
 
Buy your heaters and other accessories for a bigger volume tank, it gets expensive when you upgrade later on, I upgraded 3x.
Hahah I’m lucky the wife has begrudgingly agreed to a small cube tank lol , if I get anything better I’ll have to find a tank to live in myself
 
Hahah I’m lucky the wife has begrudgingly agreed to a small cube tank lol , if I get anything better I’ll have to find a tank to live in myself
Hahah she will also change her mind when she sees the colorful fishes!
 
14 G fish isolation tank , marineland penguin 200 (rated for upto 50g) , sun sun wave maker (260-280 gph) , barebottom , will add pvc pipes , an artificial plant , basic led light with timer 12 on 12 off

10 G coral isolation tank , same filter and Wave maker , hipagera aqua knight 30 watt LED light (starting with LPS first ) , willplace some leftover live rock at bottom , and place a frag rack halfway up for the corals to go in ( or could make one out of eggcrate and ziptie pvc pipe legs )

B7F7DA7C-97BA-4A79-9762-01DCA074BAD2.jpeg B18BF818-1284-4B6A-90D6-ED6E59CAFA24.jpeg D3B14360-A2F4-47FD-BB0E-DEB34DD27EBF.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new