Starting over my 60g

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my whole bobbit worm cherade my tank has been re-cycling for around 56 days and I'm now wondering about restocking in the nearfuture with fish and inverts and was hoping for suggestions on fish for a peaceful community tank.
My current wtb list:
Chromis
Clowns (basic ocellaris)
Angle fish (cherub,coral beauty)
Tang (hopefully a yellow but hard to find+expensive)
Blenny or goby
Firefish (orange,purple)
Orchid dottyback

I currently have a single nassarius snail and a few turbo and nerite snails. What shrimp or other inverts would be compatible and beneficial for my tank?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I don't think I have enough experience to keep one
They clean your substrate by digesting then expelling it. One of the easier inverts to keep. They’ll also eat algae off the rocks and occasionally off the side of the tank, but they prefer substrate. So once your tank has been going for a few months they’re a great addition.

Last edited:

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you end up buying any sort of soft coral or lps.... that coral beauty is a nipper. It'll irritate such coral. Which could be a non event or a stressful event. Hard to say

OP
OP
Slayyyter

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you end up buying any sort of soft coral or lps.... that coral beauty is a nipper. It'll irritate such coral. Which could be a non event or a stressful event. Hard to say
My previous one never touched my corals but I've heard some people saying they nip corals but I just haven't experienced it yet

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My previous one never touched my corals but I've heard some people saying they nip corals but I just haven't experienced it yet
Well they're dwarf angels and angels are nippers by nature. It's just dumb luck what kind of temperament of dwarf you buy

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they're dwarf angels and angels are nippers by nature. It's just dumb luck what kind of temperament of dwarf you buy
Actually, my Coral Beauty dwarf isn’t a nipper either - but the Midnight dwarf did chew through $250 worth of acans. So it can really be hit and miss (reef safe with caution; emphasis on “with caution”).

OP
OP
Slayyyter

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, my Coral Beauty dwarf isn’t a nipper either - but the Midnight dwarf did chew through $250 worth of acans. So it can really be hit and miss (reef safe with caution; emphasis on “with caution”).
Had a coral beauty too nicest in the tank beside my firefish.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back