Starting over questions

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had reef tanks for a few years moved up to a 75g till I broke it down several months back. Well I plan on getting back into the hobby and trying to get a merineland 37g cube. I forgot all about having my live rock in buckets of water with coral dead on them with lids on them. I’m going to pressure wash them good before use. Question is if I use dry rock and live sand with a little bacteria booster how long do you think it will take for my tank to cycle and I’m going to be using a ai prime 16hd how high should I hang it and what’s best setting for smaller tank like that

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your rock, sand, bacteria seem like a common method. Time varies though, i used dry rock and live sand with Dr Tims bottled bac and ammonia. My tank “fully cycled” in about 6-8 weeks. Some will say longer, and some will say you could add fish in a few days. I was in no hurry so I waited a couple months.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and throw a couple real live rock pounds in there for good hitchhikers and a head start on beneficial bacteria, got a stable population of copepods and I started my tank same way as u

Back