0   0   0
Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

Amerigo.Mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Good to meet you all.

I had a reef tank long ago in our previous house. It was a pieced together Oceanic 55g tank w/ MH lighting, chiller, canister, skimmer etc. I hated freshwater so I converted to saltwater.

Now that both the wife and I are retired, I am ready to start up again. I look forward to a lot of the technology changes since the old days. I have confused the heck out of myself by reading too much about tanks and stuff so I look forward to input since there is a lot of new stuff.
I too, just retired and I'm leaving the Caribbean where I've worked for over 10 years and we're returning to Florida to be closer to our kids and grand kids. Lots of years reefing, but lots has changed since I left the US. I'm currently trying to decide how big a tank and what equipment to start with. Lots of great articles providing a lot of food for thought. Now that I'm on a fixed income, I need to be much more frugal. A new experience. I'll keep you posted as I get started in December.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back