starting up my tank after a destructive algae bloom

bigdaddyk01040

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's up R2R its been about two years since my reef fish tank was set up, I have a redsea 350 v3. I broke it down after I lost my partner and didn't give it the attention it needed causing a massive algae bloom. everything unfortunately died or I donated what I could to save what I could ultimately leading to me shutting down my tank. here I am two years later I tried to clean the tank as best as I could before packing it away. I want to try to restart that tank but am worried that some of the algae spores and or any nuisance may be reawaken when I go to set it back up. is that me being paranoid or is it legitimate? also was wondering on some advice of what I should do before the actual adding of water and rocks again or just any helpful tips for essentially setting up a second-hand tank from scratch again. thanks everyone ahead of time for any help cant wait to get things back into swing with my tank I truly loved it and still do,

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st, if you haven't kept up on the RS seal issues causing tanks to leak, you might want to research that before setting up a used Red Sea aquarium. Just a heads up, so you can make your own decision.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back