Startup sequence with apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hlaalu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, just got finished setting up my new photon 48’s with apex. I had my kessels plugged into my energy bar and controlled power off/on that way, but I see that the reef breeders have a start up sequence every time they get power. So is it best to plug them into a power strip with constant power and let the VDM control things from there?

OP
OP
hlaalu

hlaalu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I guess a big reason why I had this programmed before with the kessils was because the three power bricks got quite hot, so figured if the lights were off I could give those a break too. I do have a fan in my stand compartment blowing on my power adapters, but this reefbreeders one is big and gets pretty hot too. Curious to see what others have done in this regard, thanks!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I guess a big reason why I had this programmed before with the kessils was because the three power bricks got quite hot, so figured if the lights were off I could give those a break too. I do have a fan in my stand compartment blowing on my power adapters, but this reefbreeders one is big and gets pretty hot too. Curious to see what others have done in this regard, thanks!
Hi,

Yes I definitely recommend shutting off with just the 0-10v control in most cases. The light is designed to turn off based on the VDM input with this kit. The power supply will still get a rest if you shut the lights off or dim them down- since it doesn't have to work as hard as when the light is fully powered up.

OP
OP
hlaalu

hlaalu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Yes I definitely recommend shutting off with just the 0-10v control in most cases. The light is designed to turn off based on the VDM input with this kit. The power supply will still get a rest if you shut the lights off or dim them down- since it doesn't have to work as hard as when the light is fully powered up.
Thank you! You guys make a great light, so happy I made the switch

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back