State: Error 3 on Vortech pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was able to get my pumps and level set up last nite.
Today it was set up the MP40's. I was able to pair the pumps, but 1 pump is showing State: Error 3.
2020-08-01_15-55-19.jpg

I seem to be able to control the pump, but the led on the MP control doesn't seem to very with the pump speed nor does the pump adjust it's speed. From reading other post, seems as the firmware being blank in not a concern.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, i figured out the speed issue, it's not in % it from 1-255. The Error 3 still is appearing.
But the pumps seem functional

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Un-assign the pumps, do a hard reset, then reattach. See if the error goes away.
You are correct, the speed and state will be blank.
Here is a chart I posted to covert MP % 0f speed to GHL 1-255 settings.

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I’ll have to give that a try. i didn’t see that thread on the qd pumps, so thanks for that. ThinkIng in the way ghl works is starting to sink in. I’m still in Apex mode at times.

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update. The Error 3 went away, all operations seem functional.

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out maintenance mode, is this only controlled by turning the power on and off the switch? I have a basement sump and the MP's are 1 floor above not on a PowerBar. Sorry for all the questions. Documentation is pretty limited on the set up, but thank you to all for all the assistance.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out maintenance mode, is this only controlled by turning the power on and off the switch? I have a basement sump and the MP's are 1 floor above not on a PowerBar. Sorry for all the questions. Documentation is pretty limited on the set up, but thank you to all for all the assistance.
Open up the Vortech Controller tab, then select one of your MP40 pumps. Here you can select what the pump will do during a maintenance mode, and which maintenance mode(s) to react to. Below, I've circled them in red.
1596467944916.png

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guessed that was it but, I have assigned both pumps to 1, I started the maintenance but only 1 pump would turn off. Strange thing is when I checked my settings, Pump 1 (the one with the error) is showing all the timings set and Pump 2 is showing nothing. When I go to my PC and review the schedule all are on there. I may have to try to delete the pumps and re-pair them tonight.

This reminds me of the early Apex days when the manuals was horrible, there was one person who wrote there own manual which was great. I think they ended up starting to work with Neptune right before Fusion was launched.

OP
OP
Trivan

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Vinny and thanks for all the great sale support as well!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back