State-Of-The-Art Aquarium

getjoe9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm returning to the hobby after 20 years of "playing" the corporate relocation game :), when having a tank wasn't feasible. I'm out-of-touch with today's technology offerings and would really benefit from the obvious experience this group has.

Assuming my hobby funds are not (within reason) an issue, what would be the finest available equipment/technology for a 180 gallon tank. I envision fish, coral and, possibly, an anemone. While I will work to learn the current thinking about the hobby and rebuild my skills, I plan to have the tank professionally installed in my home, seek experienced input on the selection of all living things to ensure a "happy" community and have the tank, at least initially, serviced by people that know what they're doing (and that's not me for now).

I realize there's plenty to consider but, I hope getting input from experienced people will help with lighting selection, filtration equipment, parasite etc. management, chemistry, water stabilization etc. etc.

Thanks,
Joe

WallyTime7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a redsea and now a Waterbox. Prefer waterbox.
From there, you'll hear 1000's of reasons why someones method is the best method.
Choose your equipment off feedback but also convenience for your maintenance schedule (integrate with apps, etc).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 110 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back