Stateline's Double Barrel 225. The Lab!

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In April of 2023 I was looking for a new tank. I knew I wanted to start growing and coloring up coral. I already have a 4 foot x 2 foot low boy frag tank, but it just seems too small, and I can't tune the water current in the tank for both LPS and SPS, so the SPS suffers while the LPS thrives.

When I figured out quickly a custom tank was out of my immediate budget, I asked a few friends in the area if they knew anyone who would be selling a decent sized tank, nothing under 100 gallons, nothing under 6 foot...

Thats when a friend let me know that Reef Geeks of Chicago were getting rid of their large acrylic runners. And there were two!!!

Well, it turned out that the first runner had already been sold, That was an 8 foot by 30 inch by 12 inch, nice for sps, but also... sold.

Then there was the Double Barrel.

20230420_211003.jpg

The double barrel was perfect for everything I wanted to do! I got off work, immediately booked a U haul 10' truck, and drove down near Chicago to pick it up.

The guys at the shop were nice enough to help me load it up, even though they definitely didn't have to. and the stand and tank fit almost perfectly.

So I drove home in a stupidly strong storm, on no sleep, and somehow avoided scratching the absolute hell out of this massive tank through Chicagoland rush hour traffic.

Tank and stand $1200.00
I also got an Indophyllia colony, a solarensis Wrasse, a Goniopora colony, and a Neon Green Branching Hammer Colony. I think I paid around 650 for the livestock. Zero regrets.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following excited and happy for you brotha cant wait to see this thing get going....what return pump did you go with?
I haven't yet. Seeing what kind of deal my LFS can get me... gotta give him first shot and all.

Ideally another Varios with 0-10v.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea trying to decide as well for the new build what route i am wanting to go with... you gonna go single pump or you thinking a dual?....
Single pump. Manifold return. I want the SPS side to churn while the LPS side gently massages the torches and Indophyllia.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back