Steel's waterbox 100.3

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No still cant get it dialed in, havent ran it for a while. This is My first non HOB skimmer so maybe its something im doing wrong.
Doubt you are doing anything wrong. It took my skimmer (Same one you have) over a month to break in. I let it run and kept it all the way open. Should be 16 or 17. Cant remember what the number is. I've noticed this skimmer is really sensitive. Are you running any type of media in your tank?

OP
OP
steelwrap

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a minute since last update so this might get long. Tanks been running on cruise control just letting it mature. Topping off ATO, keeping glass clean and a couple water changes. Need to do more but since my heart issues in feb/march I feel better than ever just dont have any motivation for anything. Need to get better at this, was looking for some rastas found a nice pack on here with 15 frags of various size for $155 shipped. Theyre opening but not like i want guess i need to be patient. On the plus side when i put them in i turned up the blue and turned the white light off and found out my forest fire digita monti has red polyps still and found some bam bams that came off the plug doing good on sand bed behind my rock. Gonna have to dig them out and reglue them.
Noticed a crack in my thermometer a while back, didnt seem to lose any liquid, I hope it wasnt mercury, so bought a couple digital ones, theyre about a half degree off from each other but worse yet they both read over 82 my liquid one always read 79. So got to find something more trustworthy to figure out where im really at.
This is first tank ive had thst doesnt have algae problems, dont know whats different. So i just lengthened my photoperiod from 5 hours with 1 hour ramp to 7 hours. Finally starting to see coraline on back glass must be from the arc bottle as nothing else introduced it that im aware of. Now gotta decide if i like it on back, was digging the clean black look. Might scrape and hope it tranfers to rock better.
Still cant get this skimmer broke in, running with drain plug out and adjust 1 click occasionally. Twice this week it quit producing enough foam to fill body, turned it off and back on and started working again, probaly need to clean it. In the excitement when i got it didnt do a vinegar bath so gonna try that.
I know theres more i wanted to say but thats all i can think off for now.
received_458798054745571.jpeg
received_458798054745571.jpeg

OP
OP
steelwrap

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a problem with my BRS controller and cheap digital thermometer showing 2 different readings both high.
Got a NST certfied thermometer from amazon today it read 84.7 my cheap digital said 83.3 my BRS controller was reading 86. It was easy to calibrate. Unplugged heaters til temp gets down to 78

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back