• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Stenner Peristaltic Pump - Single Head Adjustable

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased three of these as a lot and have an extra. Both input and output are 1/4" MPT, can easily accommodate a john guest push fitting for plumbing the suction and return line. Cannot be used to dose 2 part (flow only goes down to 2.5 G/Day) but perfect for ATO or CaRx/KalkRx. Have mine running an ATO, water change system and kalk reactor and they are great. Controllable by Apex, has a 6ft grounded cord so it's plug and play really. The dial ring on the pump sets the flow rate, all you do is twist. Obviously, any controller will set times for when the pump is on or not, the power switch is mechanical so there's no concern for when power cycling - I keep mine always on and the Apex does it's thing.

I guess when I looked at aquarium grade peri pumps, too many were not rated for continuous duty and did not have replaceable heads/tubing. There's a ton of options out there - Stenner is a reputable brand that isn't as expensive as lab or medical grade peri pumps. $200 shipped.

Here are the specs on it and link to MFG website: http://stenner.com/products/pumps/single-head-adjustable-output#boxtab3

ModelItem No.PumpGallonsGallonsOuncesLitersLitersMilliliters
PrefixTubeper Dayper Hourper Minuteper Dayper Hourper Minute
45 SeriesApproximate Output @ 60Hz
45M545MJL552.5-50.00.10-2.080.22-4.449.5-189.30.40-7.896.60-131.43

stenner1.PNG stenner2.PNG

OP
OP
skyrne_isk

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's super quiet. Not nearly as loud as the cheaper roller models that come on the BRS dosers and other DC powered head units. I only recently got serious about looking at peri pumps for ATO and CaRx (always went with MJ800s or similar). And glad I did. If you end up getting one, make SURE to set up CaRx to PULL water from the reactor and not push. If the effluent line gets plugged you can easily blow out the seals. So you basically plumb it backwards when compared to a feed pump. LMK, am happy to help even if you don't end up buying it. Attach files

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back