Stereonephthya tank

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
1,647
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m almost done with my stereonephthya tank. It’s been a long slow process mostly because it takes me as long as a year to arrange my rocks just right and this tank replaced my other one I had for about 5 years. I’ve acquired some nice frags which I will grow out and a few new colonies. Most very tiny though. But my most recent three are still in the qt tank getting inspected before going into my main tank. They turned out very nice. It’s hard to know the color 100% cause they are still traumatized by shipping but it looks like one could be the evasive super orange and the other blue. Both colors are nearly impossible to get. The third looks like it may be yellow with pink or purple polyps. Also one of my favorites. Course I really like all of the. Sorry for the actinic this isn’t a display tank so it has generic and often unflattering light
3B07968D-07B3-477C-BE35-B6E26713659A.jpeg
F0B6238B-4A84-4016-AAE6-717DB7ED2989.jpeg
6A1744BC-D1E1-487F-8CD8-603F7DCDAC4E.jpeg
 
Love!
 
Your pics are not even close to being blue enough for an apology!

beautiful coral! I’m not familiar, are they nps?
 
Your pics are not even close to being blue enough for an apology!

beautiful coral! I’m not familiar, are they nps?


Some species of stereo are in fact NPS. The ones I get are photosynthetic--or at least have been so far. From what I understand, most of the NPS variety comes from Australia. But I think the photosynthetic ones out number the ones that are not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new