Sterilizing

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, once uronema is in a system, it's there to stay unless drastic cleaning is performed.

If run the system just like regular with skimmer, filters, pumps and poweheads running... then add a could cups of bleach to it. Then run let it run a few days. I use enough bleach to where i smell it standing near the tank. This is how i clean my quarantine tanks.

An added measure, i then soak the equipment in a 50/50 vinegar solution and then scrub each piece of equipment with brushes... then air dry a few days.

Good luck...

Ps... as a safe measure, i'd toss the sand.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
76 days to cover everything except uronema. I would dose metro in the tank before bleaching it, personally. Bleach and fish tank seals don't mix. It can be done, many many times, but it seems like an unnecessary step to ward off uronema when metroplex should take care of it if dosed for 30 days :)

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naw uronema isn’t that kind of disease. Once it’s in the tank it’s in it forever which is why I’m restarting the tank since I literally just started the process
Ugh not true…

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, once uronema is in a system, it's there to stay unless drastic cleaning is performed.

If run the system just like regular with skimmer, filters, pumps and poweheads running... then add a could cups of bleach to it. Then run let it run a few days. I use enough bleach to where i smell it standing near the tank. This is how i clean my quarantine tanks.

An added measure, i then soak the equipment in a 50/50 vinegar solution and then scrub each piece of equipment with brushes... then air dry a few days.

Good luck...

Ps... as a safe measure, i'd toss the sand.
Yup sand tossed

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh not true…
I’ve heard this from multiple sources. Trusted at that. Humblefish has an article on it and Jeykl I think that’s his name also verified it. Watched YouTube videos of people saying the same thing as well as people on YouTube saying they’ve tried everything to get rid of it and nothing worked

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
76 days to cover everything except uronema. I would dose metro in the tank before bleaching it, personally. Bleach and fish tank seals don't mix. It can be done, many many times, but it seems like an unnecessary step to ward off uronema when metroplex should take care of it if dosed for 30 days :)
I just nuked the whole situation. It’s cool since it was only up since last Wednesday.

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because you can never get rid of the disease. It’s not curable according to the “OG’s” it will always be in the tank. Don’t want that risk

Who said its not curable? That sounds a bit ridiculous. I saw you mentioned humble fish and he only states a fallow period will not kill it but states metroplex will

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who said its not curable? That sounds a bit ridiculous. I saw you mentioned humble fish and he only states a fallow period will not kill it but states metroplex will
Saw a couple YouTube vids of people doing a couple different medications. Metroplex included. They said nothing worked, but it’s cool. I’ve nuked everything.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back