Steve's 600g display, 900g SPS dominated system

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning fellow reefers,

I am working on my new SPS dominate aquarium for the new home in Colorado. The tank currently being build with the measurement of 96x48x30 (600g), 84x20x20 (150g) sump with a large compartment (36x20x20) for RDSB/clams for filtration, 60x36x16 (150g) QT/prop tank.

Bioload
I plan to have approx 200-300 fish ( Anthias, Wrasses, Tang, Chromis, Damsel, blenny, gobbies and 2 rare angels "Interuptus, Resplented")

Filtration
The main display tank will have 200lbs of aragonite live sand for the wrasses, 500lbs live rock mostly come from my old 240g system. 6-8" remote deep sand bed in sump, 2 protein skimmers BK400ext rated 1100g system and H&S A-300 3 x eheim 1260 also rated for 1000g system to compensate the large bioload, 2 large Zeovit reactor 5ltr each (Yes, it will be another Zeovit tank), Deltec PF1001 Ca reactor with Rowalith C+ media rated 1300g system

Lighting
I am going to use 6 400w galaxy ballast and Ushio 14K, suppliment with 8 x 48" VHO, 4 x 48" retro T-5. 8-10hrs on the MH, 12hrs on the VHO and T-5

Circulation
6 tunze 6201 control by Multicontroller 7095 and Y adapter for directional flow, 4 tunze waveboxes control by the wave controller and Y adapter to keep the detritus off the rock and sand, Tunze Master Cir 1073.090 2200gph for return

With such large aquarium, it is much easier to achieve an open aquascape but i would like to get an idea from more experience reefers. I plan to use PVC sch.80 to support the rock work as well as some type of cement to clue the rock together. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

I will post some picture tonight.

Thanks
Steve

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DANG WOW STEVE!!! I am honestly excited about seeing this build! This is a DREAM tank for sure. :D

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you seeking opinions from us ... why .... we should be asking You instead .... wowzee .. those are some twosome awesome tanks to view :hammer: in the near future .. .gasp speechless ....;)

Paul

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revhtree, it has been my dream tank since i take down the 240g cube back in Oct. I will do a few DIY stuff on the Tunze mount and external waveboxes to avoid the ugle black box. I hope this thread become benificial to Club-zoas member. There is a few folks i would like to say thanks to for the support of my new aquarium

Kevin at O.C Aquatic, thank you for getting all the Tunze product, Custom acrylic sump and QT tank as a decent discount.

Joe (KEEPERZ) Thank you for the hook up on the A-300 and PF1001 and your beautiful SPS collection. Your tank has inspire me to go with this dimension.

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you seeking opinions from us ... why .... we should be asking You instead .... wowzee .. those are some twosome awesome tanks to view :hammer: in the near future .. .gasp speechless ....;)

Paul

hehehe, honestly i am still a rookie :D. Compare to most of y'all i only have 5yrs of experience. During this 5 years i did a bunch of changes on lighting, sump, Protein skimmer, Aquascape etc in another word i am a confuse reefer. Hopefully, i don't have to do the same in this tank therefore i seek assistant from the old timer :D

I went to SD LFS yesterday during lunch and they have the 8x4x3 fresh water display tank. I stood there for a good 20 mins speechless with my mounth wide open wondering "what the heck was i think". That is one huge tank then the wife picture pop up on my head with the anger look on her face :D. BTW, i lies to her about the size of my new tank.... I told her it is going to be 300g 6x4x2 lol....

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, when it comes to flow in my 30g... yeah right! Who are you kidding, lol? I think Joe (Keeperz) may be one of few people who can give you a realistic opinion of such a monstrous undertaking.

Good luck and post those pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, when it comes to flow in my 30g... yeah right! Who are you kidding, lol? I think Joe (Keeperz) may be one of few people who can give you a realistic opinion of such a monstrous undertaking.

Good luck and post those pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been harassing Joe almost everyday to the point he is now ignoring my call :D. I will add a few more tunze in the future once the SPS forming into colony. My tank will start with frags and may be a few box of Aquaculture SPS if i did not upset Kevin at OCA at the time... He is getting tire of me from change my equipment all the time...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry bro but ROOKIES don't make a list like you got going on with the "DREAM" tank. I just started today getting quotes for my new "dream" tank, notice the little dream. It will be about 315g or so. But anyway, can't wait to enjoy this thread.

You said Pics tonight!

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry bro but ROOKIES don't make a list like you got going on with the "DREAM" tank. I just started today getting quotes for my new "dream" tank, notice the little dream. It will be about 315g or so. But anyway, can't wait to enjoy this thread.

You said Pics tonight!

I will have some pic tonight of the equipment and my old cube. I gotta have something to compare my new tank with :D. The actual tank pic will not be available till the end of March....

Are you planning on glass or acrylic?

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I have been harassing Joe almost everyday to the point he is now ignoring my call :D. "

LoL- I do not ignore you my man, I just miss alot of calls cus I am spending too much time watching those xhatch triggers you sent me!! By the way, it's about time you get your thread started at the CZ, the reefers here might not have as much water right now, but they have the nicest corals and best sponsers I've seen anywhere else, there's alot of knowledge here don't let them fool ya:D . Post them pics Steve-

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will have some pic tonight of the equipment and my old cube. I gotta have something to compare my new tank with :D. The actual tank pic will not be available till the end of March....

Are you planning on glass or acrylic?

I'm going glass, but that's enough about me, this is your thread!

"I have been harassing Joe almost everyday to the point he is now ignoring my call :D. "

LoL- I do not ignore you my man, I just miss alot of calls cus I am spending too much time watching those xhatch triggers you sent me!! By the way, it's about time you get your thread started at the CZ, the reefers here might not have as much water right now, but they have the nicest corals and best sponsers I've seen anywhere else, there's alot of knowledge here don't let them fool ya:D . Post them pics Steve-

That has to be one of the nicest things said about this community. A+++
Thanks bro!

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Joe, i was just kidding. I know there is alot of knowledgeable folks here, they may not have as much water volume but in this hobby size doesn't matter :D. As for the Crosshatch, i am glad that you like it. How is the snake looking fish doing :D? I will get more picture as soon as i get home. I will be in CO next weekend to check out my new home and take some picture of the place where i plan to put the tank.

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going glass, but that's enough about me, this is your thread!

That has to be one of the nicest things said about this community. A+++
Thanks bro!

Joe is a great guy with lots of reef experience. RC mod don't like him cuz he doesn't post much :D

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture as promised.

Deltec twin :
KM500s.jpg

Tank topview drawing
Topview.jpg

DSB compartment
proptank.jpg

sump
sump.jpg

OP
OP

480greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment sump 84x22x6
Endshot1.jpg

sump top view
endshot.jpg

Return pump and a few galaxy ballast
TunzeMastercir.jpg

55g drum full of LR
LR.jpg

LIght rack design
Lightrack.jpg

Old reef, wife and two dogs
uvahaicon.jpg

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your cube was nice Steve but your new tank will make it look like a nano- are those shi-tzus? I use to br$$d them dogs before I got fish

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back