Sticking 20 gallon long

jackandrocco

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
159
Reaction score
46
Location
omaha
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon long tank that’s been established for about six months now and right now there is just a damsel in it which I plan to move to a 40 gallon with a mantis. The 20 gallon was my first tank and I’ve only ever had a mantis so I know about everything that comes with them and some other inverts but not to knowledgeable on the fish side.
For my 20 gallon long I was thinking I want a pistol shrimp with a gobi would be cool and possible another fish or two that the pistol wouldn’t harm with some research it says I could keep a pair of clowns inside the tank aswell with some good rock work but if you guys have any ideas on what fish could go in the tank or if the pistol shrimp can’t go I. The tank with fish I’d love the help
 
I saw this guys post here I’m gonna attach the list below would this exact list be possible with adding a pistol shrimp and I have never done coral before but also maybe just one singular coral for the clowns? This guy has a lot of coral lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1701.png
    IMG_1701.png
    517.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1702.png
    IMG_1702.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 80
So basically a 20 gallon with 2 Clownfish, and a Yellow Watchman Goby with a pistol shrimp, some inverts like hermits and a bunch of corals? I would think that's very doable in a 20 gallon 🙂

Good luck!
 
So basically a 20 gallon with 2 Clownfish, and a Yellow Watchman Goby with a pistol shrimp, some inverts like hermits and a bunch of corals? I would think that's very doable in a 20 gallon 🙂

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply I think that’s what I’m gonna do!
One more question online with says the tank would be too small for a anemone cuz it’ll outgrow it and it says I could get like a leather is that true?
 
Thanks for the reply I think that’s what I’m gonna do!
One more question online with says the tank would be too small for a anemone cuz it’ll outgrow it and it says I could get like a leather is that true?
Yes, some varieties get very big, especially if you're looking for one to host your Clownfish. Almost all anemone will move around the tank, potentially stinging corals in their path. You could try some of the smaller bubble tips, or personally I quite like Rock Flower Anemones (RFA's), but neither of those hose Clownfish.
 
Yes, some varieties get very big, especially if you're looking for one to host your Clownfish. Almost all anemone will move around the tank, potentially stinging corals in their path. You could try some of the smaller bubble tips, or personally I quite like Rock Flower Anemones (RFA's), but neither of those hose Clownfish.
Would a toadstool leather work for them to host and it would stay small ish for the tank?
 
Would a toadstool leather work for them to host and it would stay small ish for the tank?
It's possible that they might. Captive bred Clown often associate with "unnatural" hosts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new