Sticking Rocks Together

Bankertanker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What is the best way to stick your rocks together? (Silicone/Glue/Pudding/Other suggestions)

I was doing maintenance on the tank (10 Gallon) and kept bumping into the rock on the top and it keeps falling down,

As of now I have a pair of clowns but would like to add more (Fish/Coral/Clean up crew ETC) down the road
Tank.JPG

Thank you :)

Lukeluke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheapest/easiest thing would be a thick gel CA (Cyanoacrylate) glue. They also make various putties and cements specifically for aquarium use. The big online retailers carry various options.

The cement will grow algae. From what I understand CA glue and silicon won't. So it won't blend in as nice down the line. If you're careful about where you use it, you might not see it anyway.

But the cement is harder to work with; two-part mix, doesn't stick easy, takes a while to cure. I used some cement to make rocks out of rubble for islands. Attach with CA glue, then cover the joints with cement.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bankertanker

Bankertanker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheapest/easiest thing would be a thick gel CA (Cyanoacrylate) glue. They also make various putties and cements specifically for aquarium use. The big online retailers carry various options.

The cement will grow algae. From what I understand CA glue and silicon won't. So it won't blend in as nice down the line. If you're careful about where you use it, you might not see it anyway.

But the cement is harder to work with; two-part mix, doesn't stick easy, takes a while to cure. I used some cement to make rocks out of rubble for islands. Attach with CA glue, then cover the joints with cement.
This is super helpful thank you!

Any suggestions for gel to use?

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back