OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also have you ever thought about doing a 1:1 ATI blue plus and ATI coral plus combo.
I have but decided to go with KZ bulbs this time around. I really like how the UV Bulbs look so I might leave those in and go 3 blue, 4 white and 1 pink and see where my numbers are then.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have switched out my Pacific Sun Bulbs with KZ bulbs, I wasn't getting very good results from the Pac Sun Bulbs so we'll give these a try.
Here is the new layout for my bulbs. I wen't a more 1:1 ratio this time. The New Gen is a 14k bulb. I will be able to get some preliminary par numbers this weekend.

upload_2016-1-14_10-35-58.png

upload_2016-1-14_10-37-1.png

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been a while since I've updated my thread, my tank has been sitting Fallow since December, I ended up getting Ich, Brook or some devastating disease that wiped out all my fish. I still have a one more week to go for the 72 day fallow period, I currently have 3 fish in QT, but they won't be ready to come out till March 19th for a 30 day QT period. Lesson learned on that mistake, ALWAYS QT your fish! But since I've been sitting around staring at my tank I figured I would send my water out to Triton and see what wonderful news they had to say about my water quality, lol!! Well to my surprise it didn't come back to bad. Elevated levels of Tin and Barium.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally finished up my Rock work this weekend. I'm about 95% done, I may add some rubble rock in certain places to smooth things out a bit but this is it! Let me know what you think!

IMG_3193.JPG
IMG_3196.JPG
IMG_3194.JPG
IMG_3195.JPG
IMG_3197.JPG
IMG_3198.JPG
IMG_3199.JPG
IMG_3200.JPG
Love your rock scape! Where did you get your rocks?

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. :) thanks for answering and where did you get that board you put under the rocks?

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Delivery of the tank took about 2-3 days from Ohio!

tank1.JPG

I decided to see how it all fit in the space, I know the stand needs painted!

tank4.JPG

So i've read this entire build...my jaw is on the floor. The attention to deal is great, good luck with the life of the system.

I've been searching all over the place looking for these water tanks, I've looked on US plastics and cannot find them. Could you please link them for me? The delivery charge to CT on these are really high, just curious how you avoided them? Distance maybe?

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i've read this entire build...my jaw is on the floor. The attention to deal is great, good luck with the life of the system.

I've been searching all over the place looking for these water tanks, I've looked on US plastics and cannot find them. Could you please link them for me? The delivery charge to CT on these are really high, just curious how you avoided them? Distance maybe?
I ordered it from Us Plastic, it was the cheapest from a shipping standpoint but this was the largest you could get and not pay freight. This is 55gal and shipping was pretty cheap for it. Once you go any larger than shipping is like $200 or something ridiculous. If you have a Rural King by you, I know they can get these containers in as well.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update, on March 12th I added my first two fish since going Fallow in my tank. A blonde naso and a Royal Gama, I let them have the tank to themselves for about a month to make sure everything was ok and that no diseases were still present in the tank. On April 26th I added three more fish, a yellow tang, a sailfin tang and one Lyretail Anthia. Everyone seems to be happy, eating well and fish activity is great. I have also started stocking the tank with SPS again. The PE is excellent and the color is holding very well on all new frags coming into the system. I'm even starting to see quite a bit of encrusting occurring on a lot of the frags!!

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up about 16 frags from WWC and TSA that are currently sitting on my rack being acclimated to my lights and water parameters, once a couple weeks pass from that I will begin placing them on the rock work and then the waiting game begins. Grow baby Grow!

ReefguyEric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup how is the tank doing and how do you like the pacific sun lighting

Thanks
Eric

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would definitely like to see an update. Hope all is going well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back