Still can't decide my lights!!!

SirKevinD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm upgrading to a 24x24x24 cube next month and I'm stuck between two lights. A maxspect razor 140W(?) it the 27' 10k model or the radion Gen 2. I'm thinking one of either will do great for SPS on top and LPS zoos on bottom. Please help with this decision because I'm just stuck.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mh/t5 combo with 24" reefbright supplement. if LEDs go with the EverGrow IT2040's 1 unit is well more then a enough and its under 300$ fullly programable and comes with remote. really an amazing light bought it from ocean revive a vendor on here. got 2 units on a 65ATM and its reallly amazing.

OP
OP
SirKevinD

SirKevinD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I appreciate the suggestions of
Other lights but I'm asking which of the fixtures I should go with that I listed above.

OP
OP
SirKevinD

SirKevinD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, why do you not like maxspect? They seem like a good brand to me. I have been tottering back and forth. Each YouTube video I see, each person is very satisfied.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that was words from my boy that has them, I do like the coloration with the radion Gen 2's there sleek look and design is well built and the service for them is so easy to deal with if you need any help with your lights. the colors on the coral are truly amazing and growth is good from what i hear.

reid429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have great coloration and growth on mine. I actually hung the lights so now I can run them near max percentage. They are super bright and cover really well. I have never heard the fans come on EVER as its jut never hot at all. The built in timer has 6 presets to set your full lighting cycle so no need for a controller. I love them

bigfoot86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 10000k over my 90 gal mixed reef. I can't say enough about them, my corals have responded unbeliavably in size and coloration. Able to ramp up and down the blue and whites as you wish. Soooo easy to operate, for 2/3 price of gen 2. You can tell there just well built fixtures with awesome customer service. Never had any issues whatsoever. You have to watch with the gen 2, a LOT of unneeded bells and whistles. Not quite sure what the member above is talking about with the maxspects, hard to find a bad review on them, plus there a lot more sleeker than the "boxy" gen 2.

Last edited:

bigfoot86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look around though, there's quite a selection of fine led lights out on the market today. I love my razors but there's others out there that will work just as fine!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 100 48.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back