Still struggling with overall flow.

neonpyro69

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
summerville
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 90 gallon tank, It currently has mostly spa and lps, but it’s pretty mixed. I decided to try cross flow pumps and accidentally ended up getting two different versions, I purchased a cp90 (jebao cross flow pump) and then accidentally got an SCP 90, I literally for the life of me can’t figure out how to position it without getting turbulent flow, ive positioned them 6 inches from the top pointing up top, I’ve moved one to the back, I’ve put them on their lowest settings possible. I need an honest answer, do these models conflict too much to get a nice smooth flow?.
 
I used to run two of these SCP90s (they're in the closet now) in my 66g. I actually prefer the turbulent flow for my sps- I use to run them both on random mode. I've also run them on antisync mode using the master/slave mode to create their own gyres. I tend to go back to running on the random mode with the knob turned towards the slower end because these pumps push out so much water. I use to run these on opposing sides about 4 inches from the top pointing each other. If you're looking for smooth alternating gyre flow, then try the alternating mode and sync them together.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new