STN from base up

  • Thread starter Thread starter uhupong
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Nothing in that photo looks like RTN to me.
 
A mature biome and solid parameters, so I guess a few things to explore:

a) ICP as mentioned
b) Pest check. Remove and do a 10 minute dip in potassium chloride. Inspect under light and magnification.
c) I had something similar with just a few varieties of acropora. In the end, I went with a long dip in amoxicillin which seemed to arrest the STN.
I may have missed it. Did you do a pest check? Have you sent out an ICP? Pull a colony and inspect under a lit lens looking for bite marks, EGG clusters, and critters. Dip in your favorite dip (as long as that is Revive, CoralRX, Bayer, or KCl).

Your numbers are fine; you need to work down the list. Order ICP first and then inspect while you wait.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new