Stock help 20g

MikeRowe2024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g H with a 30g sump. Currently have a tailspot blenny, a steinetz goby, pistol shrimp, emerald crab, 3 nass., 2 blue leg, 2 trouchus.
Wondering what else I could add in terms of live stock? It’s FOWLR right now, but I plan on adding coral in a month or so. Pretty busy with class right now.
Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would first monitor nitrates, you do have a sump so export will be pretty easy however you then run into fish aggresion

I would stay away from any more bottom dwellers if possible and look into fish that prefer the mid-higher section of the tank. I personally would leave it where it is for now, especially if it’s working out however if you have your mind set on adding more I think clowns would be the best choice.

If you plan to add corals you should also watch for nutrient rises. More fish=more nitrates and phos. Corals do consume this however you will need a lot of coral to lower it just a little bit. It’s just a few things I thought you should consider

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps consider to add some more rockwork before adding more fish. Not really any hiding spots in your tank (or spaces to glue corals). But I think you can fit 4 or maybe even 5 fish in there.

OP
OP
MikeRowe2024

MikeRowe2024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps consider to add some more rockwork before adding more fish. Not really any hiding spots in your tank (or spaces to glue corals). But I think you can fit 4 or maybe even 5 fish in there.
Cool thanks, a local pet store chain is closing their saltwater and has Rock super cheap I’ll pick some more up

OP
OP
MikeRowe2024

MikeRowe2024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would first monitor nitrates, you do have a sump so export will be pretty easy however you then run into fish aggresion

I would stay away from any more bottom dwellers if possible and look into fish that prefer the mid-higher section of the tank. I personally would leave it where it is for now, especially if it’s working out however if you have your mind set on adding more I think clowns would be the best choice.

If you plan to add corals you should also watch for nutrient rises. More fish=more nitrates and phos. Corals do consume this however you will need a lot of coral to lower it just a little bit. It’s just a few things I thought you should consider
Thanks, a lot of the things I saw online didn’t have a sump, so it was hard to get solid advice

bvanfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 and have a royal gramma, 2 clowns, a court jester goby, and watchmen goby. I feel like I’m tight but it is working

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back