Stock List

Reefer-Noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My tank has recently cycled and I’m looking to add a new fish or two in the future. I currently have two clowns in there. Id like to get a stock list together and would love to hear ideas on what everyones favorite fish are and what I should add. The tank is 32.5g, so tangs are a no go here.

Let’s hear it

KTrevino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal gramma, shrimp goby pair, and blennies are good places to start.
+1 on Blenny (Tailspot or Bicolor) be careful with Royal Grammas they are a bit territorial and I have had one that was a bully to a goby and Blenny. Add last and get a small one.

Colin_1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 32g I have two clowns and a yellow watchman goby. I’m planning to add a Pygmy angel soon and maybe a firefish

OP
OP
R

Reefer-Noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on Blenny (Tailspot or Bicolor) be careful with Royal Grammas they are a bit territorial and I have had one that was a bully to a goby and Blenny. Add last and get a small one.
I like the orchid dottybacks a bit better than royal gramma. any opinion on them?

KTrevino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the orchid dottybacks a bit better than royal gramma. any opinion on them?
I have never had one I know they can be a bit of bullies. A orchid would be fine in terms of size for your tank. In general if a fish is more temperamental get a smaller one and add it last.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally will not put any kind of dottyback near my tanks. They are just too aggressive.
Look at other basslets like a swales or swissguard, chalk, black cap, or assessor. Those would be better options than the dotty. Hawkfish are another good choice. Have you thought about a pygmy or possum wrasse. Dartfish are good choices as long as you only have peaceful fish. Also cardinals and chromis would work.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back