Stock List

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently cycling a Red Sea Max E170 and am looking for advice on a stock list.
I have a pair of clowns and cleaner shrimp in my current 20 gallon tank that will eventually move into the Red Sea. Other fish I’m considering are

Yellow Watchman Goby w/ shrimp
Algae Blenny
Royal Gramma
Blue Green Chromis

is there any issue with compatibility or overstocking? As for coral it will be a softy dominant with a few LPS.

Thanks for your assistance,

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember right, this is a 45 gallon tank? I don’t see a problem with your list except for the algae blenny. I’m not sure which blenny you mean but if it’s a lawnmower, I’d advise against that. A starry or Midas blenny are good replacements that are easier to get onto a frozen or pellet diet, and many experienced reefers have issues training lawnmowers onto prepared foods, leading them to death when they run out of algae.

The only other thing is I would recommend a perching fish like a clown/citrus goby, hawkfish, etc but that’s just me. I like a ground/sand bed fish, a perching fish, and a couple swimming around fish just to have some movement in all parts of the tank :) Getting another cleaner shrimp could make for an equally (or even more) entertaining tank! My pair of cleaners are always up to some antics

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you

Yes the total volume is 45 gallons. 37 in the display and 8 in the rear sump. I definitely do not want to lose the blenny.
Would there be any issue having two cleaner shrimp and the pistol shrimp with the goby? Another cleaner shrimp would be great as I love watching my current cleaner.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you

Yes the total volume is 45 gallons. 37 in the display and 8 in the rear sump. I definitely do not want to lose the blenny.
Would there be any issue having two cleaner shrimp and the pistol shrimp with the goby? Another cleaner shrimp would be great as I love watching my current cleaner.
No problem at all! The cleaner shrimp won’t bother the pistol or goby at all as the cleaners live in the rocks and the pistol is strictly sand bed

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back