Stock suggestions and questions for 50 gal

nisemu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 gallon low boy, stocked with only a long nose hawkfish, Midas blenny, and chalk basslet. I was thinking of getting a scissor tail dartfish, a pair of clowns, a yellow coris wrasse, a pygmy filefish, a cardinal fish (haven't decided which kind), a goby(haven't decided which kind), and a scooter blenny. Will this be an okay mix of fish? What order should I buy them in? Any suggestions for other fish I should get?

adrien514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my Diamond watchman goby! full of personality and digs tunnels for him and my blood shrimp lol

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am a diamond watchman goby enthusiast!! Very fun to watch him eat sand and whatnot. A scooter blenny should be fine with him but I'd probably introduce them at the same time to minimize the chance of aggression, although I doubt they will mess with each other given you have a lot of hiding spots and rockwork. The wrasse might eat some inverts if you plan to have any of them and if you end up getting a cardinal I think the Banggai looks pretty cool (wouldn't get more than 2 though). Also, a filefish might pick on coral so that might be something to consider. If you end up not liking the diamond watchman, another burrowing goby is the engineer goby. You can have multiple (I think, not sure) if you introduce them at the same time and they make burrows in the sandbed provided yours is on the deeper end.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back